Central I-70 | Denver, Colorado
Concrete Cutting / Transportation
Type of project?
- Central I-70 project of knocking down the viaduct
- 5-year project
- Precision concrete cutting
- Full service: Concrete cutting, curb sawing
What is the purpose of the project?
- Reconstruct a 10-mile stretch of the I-70
- Widen lanes to include an express lane on each side
- Remove the 55-year-old viaduct
- Lower a portion of the interstate and construct a 4-acre park above
- Noise reduction to accommodate increased population traffic flow
Estimated completion date?
- Start: September 2018
- Estimated Completion: 4-5 years – A-Core has been contracted to be working for the entire duration of the project
Challenges of the project?
- A lot of curb sawing had to be done
- A-Core was the only company in the area that had the ability and expertise to do that