I-40 Railway Bridges | Seligman, AZ
Type of project?
- Bridges over the railway on I-40, plus a side road
- Saw cutting demolition of bridges: Remove bridge decks with cranes as they rebuild bridges, and core drilling picks for removal
Plan details / What is the purpose of the project?
- Time for a repair of the bridges
- Widen and strengthen the bridges
Estimated completion date?
- Start: July 2018
- Expected Completion: June 2019
Challenges of the project?
- Each bridge involved saw cutting over the railroad
- Protecting the railway from dropped debris
- We picked the pieces one part at a time so nothing would fall down on to the railway
- Trains would come through and we would need to stop work completely before the trains would come through
What other companies were involved?